1932 Ford Boydster II
Although limited to a total production of 6 cars built by Boyd Coddington entirely in house, there is no mistaking the Chip Foose-designed lines and quality execution of the Deuce-based Boydster II roadster. Boyd Coddington was responsible for some of the most famous hot rods and customs in the industry, and he is widely credited for helping to shape the clean, smooth hot rod themes prevalent today. His work was awarded numerous magazine covers and countless awards.
This "Buckaroo" Boydster II is the only one of those 6 that was built with a 320hp Ford 302 crate motor. The power is kept under control with a full Boyd independent coilover suspension, 4-wheel disc brakes, an AOD automatic overdrive transmission, and Boyd Coddington billet wheels wearing high-performance Goodyear tires. This vehicle is in outstanding condition with countless special features, including special Boyd gauges, Boyd Coddington wheels and three-spoke steering wheel, billet suspension, Pro-Ride chassis, and much, much more.
The paint was skillfully applied by Charlie Hutton while Gabe Lopez stitched the handsome red leather interior. The red-on-red combination is striking, although the car would look good in any color. The red does set the car apart and blends its flowing lines all the more, adding to the long hood, extending the organic feeling from front to rear. This roadster was superbly designed and built by two of rodding's masters with no expenses spared.
A more detailed list of features:
- 1 of 6 cars built by Boyd entirely in house
- 1 of 1 cars with a 302 Ford engine
- Leather interior by Gabe Lopez
- Originally designed by CHIP FOOSE.
- Dupont "Boyd Red" Paint - Painted by Charlie Hutton
- FULL FEATURE with fold-out Ford Collector Series Poster in March 2004 "Street Rod Builder" Magazine (Vol.5, #3, p.60)
- LED Turn Signals
- Suicide Doors
- Sandersoon block-hugger headers
- Zoops Pulleys
- Coddington Chassis
- Full Boyd independent suspension
- Carrera adjustable coilovers
- AOD TPI transmission with 2,200-stall-speed converter
- Polished Stainless BORLA Exhaust System
- Lokar Shifter & Pedals
- BOYD Instrument Cluster and Gauges
- Flush-mount Precision Rodware LED taillights
- Eldelbrock Intake & 750cfm Demon Carburetor
- Flaming River Tilt column
- Boyd steering wheel
- Phipps door pulls
- Goodyear 175/55-15 front tires on one-off Boyd Coddington Wheels
- Goodyear 255/55-17 Eagle RS-A tires with matching pair of Coddington Wheels at 17x9.5" wide
- 3.70:1 positraction gearing
So if you want a street rod that will surely be the center of attention at any show or cruise, then you need to plant yourself in the drivers seat of this Chip Foose designed, Boyd Coddington built Boydster II.
Terms and Conditions
All vehicles being sold are as is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied unless there is a warranty in effect from the factory. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle, and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to make an offer based upon that judgment solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle.
320hp 302 Ford
Dupont Boyd Red