1970 CHEVROLET CHEVELLE SS PRO TOURING
1970 PRO TOURING CHEVELLE SS CONVERTIBLE
BEST OF THE BEST.
FEATURED IN "RESTO-MOD MUSCLE CARS." BOOK BY BILL HOLDER & PHIL KUNZ. LISTED AS ONE OF THE WORLD'S BEST MUSCLE CAR BUILDS. PICK UP A COPY ON AMAZON!
MULTI SHOW WINNER.
MULTI MAGAZINE CAR.
1970 Chevelle SS 502 Ram Jet Pro Touring Convertible
I am pleased to present one of the finest built 1970 Pro Touring Chevelle SS Convertibles in existence. It was completed in 2005 and it is a multiple award-winning and a multiple magazine car. It features only the finest components built to very high standards by our team with no expenses spared. Car just underwent a complete in-house 200-point inspection with full wax and paint protection. Seat covers were just updated with brand new better material. New battery and full detail top to bottom. VIN # is 1356708121355.
This amazing Chevelle SS features the following:
ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN:
- GM 502 Ram Jet fuel injected big block
- 502 HP 570 Ft. Lbs. of torque
- Stef's deep sump aluminum oil pan
- BE COOL aluminum radiator with dual electric cooling fans
- Vintage air condition system with polished aluminum compressor
- Painless wiring harness front to back
- Complete Billet aluminum march pulley system
- Billet aluminum valve covers
- Billet overflow tube
- MSD ignition system
- Richmond 5 speed transmission
- Hydraulic clutch
- SFI approved Lakewood Bellhousing
- New Hurst 5 speed shifter
- 3" custom handmade and polished stainless exhaust system and muffler
- Hooker Ceramic Coated headers
- Wilwood 4 wheel disc brakes
- Wilwood Aluminum master cylinder
- Heidt's adjustable aluminum proportioning brake valve
- Stainless Steel brake and fuel lines
- Stainless Steel emergency brake cables
- Has been smoothed out and painted gloss black (base coat, clear coat)
- Rock Valley custom built polished stainless steel fuel tank
- Global West tubular front control arms
- Currie tubular rear trailing arms
- Currie 12 bolt posi w/3:73 ring and pinion
- Ultimate aluminum rear end cover
- HD front and rear sway bars
- QA1 aluminum adjustable coil overs
- New coil over powder coated springs
- Attention to fitting of all gaps and body lines
- Body painted in black (base coat, clear coat)
- SS stripes painted to factory specs
- Wet sanded complete with 2500 grit and polished to a mirror like finish
- Front and Rear seats just recovered in July 2020
- Factory style gauges
- All new white leather upholstery: seats, door panels, etc.
- New Carpeting
- Factory SS console from 65 Impala
- Power windows, locks and steering
- Tilt steering column with factory teak wheel
- Viper alarm system
- Custom sound system: AM/FM CD
- See pictures below - simply incredible
- convertible top, back window and boot
- 17" Billet Specialty wheels front
- 18" Billet Specialty wheels rear
- 17" 275/40ZR17 Dunlop tire front
- 18" 285/40ZR18 Dunlop tire rear
AWARDS AND MAGAZINE FEATURES:
- October 2007 Muscle Car Power Magazine
- Dec 2007 Hot Rod Magazine
- 2008 RestoMod Muscle Cars Book, this is a showcase book on the world's best built cars.
- First Prize - Super Chevy Show 2006 & 2007 Joliet, IL
- Top Chevelle Award 18th Annual Chevelle Show, Pigeon Forge, TN.
- Most Outstanding Award - 25th Annual Super Chevy Show, July 2005, Indianapolis, IN.
- Top Award, 2005 Beloit, WI. show (1200 cars in attendance)
- Numerous Best Paint, Best Body, Best Overall for mid size local shows