1940 Chevrolet Business Coupe
Sorry, this vehicle has been SOLD. If you were interested in this car and would like us to help find or build you a similar one, please contact us at 847-487-2272.
1940 Chevrolet Business Coupe
Built and owned by Street Rod Center Woodstock, IL.
Paint and body work by Custom Classics in Island Lake, IL
Build completed July 2009. 2,930 actual miles.
*Willing to entertain partial trades for a nice '32 Ford Street Rod.*
Appraised by Koederz Karz Automobile Appraisals at $152,000.
The owner found the car stored in a Rockford, IL garage since 1962. Body was unbelievably solid with minor rust on rocker panels and trunk rear pan which was replaced with new panels.
Grill was straight with no dents or scratches. Cleaned up perfectly with steel wool, then re-chromed.
The Roadster Shop Frame was customized to be 5" wider for larger rear tires. This is a mild tub job using original wheel wells widened 5”.
A 4-Link coil over Rear suspension using a Moser 9" ford nodular rear 3:25 to 1 ratio. The Heidt's Super Ride power rack and pinion, front suspension makes the car handle very well.
"I wanted a very dependable, but fast, street machine using pump gas. The GM ZZ572/620hp crate motor is mild for driving around town with plenty of passing power. Using the TH 400 trans with the Gear Vendors Overdrive allows for 6 forward speeds if desired. You can manually shift in and out of Overdrive or set it on automatic, which comes in at 45 mph."
The interior is fully insulated: firewall, floor, doors quarter panels and roof for a very solid feel. The dash is a custom cut one of a kind design by the owner. Water jet cut from ½" thick aluminum then polished and chromed. The brushed stainless insert was laser cut for mounting the gauges. Door panels and center arm rest uses the same aluminum bow tie look.
Moon push button electronic shifter is mounted on center arm-rest. The 2005 Lexus GS seats have full power and are very comfortable. Black leather interior with custom bow tie trim. The Pioneer Stereo is mounted behind the seats. Vintage Air and heat along with tinted tempered glass adds comfort.
• GM ZZ572/620 620 HP, 650 ft Ibs of torque. 9.6 to 1 compression - 850 cfm carburetor.
• March Performance serpentine bett and pulley system.
• Custom Bow tie air cleaner with chrome plated factory valve covers.
• Gotta Show braided air conditioning, heater and trans. cooler hoses.
• Walker radiator 160 degree thermostat. Runs cool.
• TH 400 Transmission withy Gear Vendors Overdrive
• Roadster Shop custom frame with Heidt's Super ride front Suspension with Wilwood disc brakes. • Moser 9" Ford rear end with 3:25 to 1 Posi-traction with 31 spline axles with Ford drum brakes.
• Wheels: American Torque Thrust chrome wheels Front 17" Rear 17"
• Hoosier tires
• 2005 Lexus GS full power seats, Black leather interior with chrome plated bow-tie trim.
• EZ wire electrical system
• Ididit Steering column
• Custom one of a kind bow tie dash with the following: 4- air conditioning vents, Gauges; fuel, oil pressure, water temp, amp, trans temp and oil temp. 200 MPH Speedometer, 10,000 RPM Tach. • Push button start
• Vintage Air and heat
• Power steering and brakes
• Glass tempered tinted in all windows except laminated windshield.
• All new rubber trim; glass, doors and trunk
• Billet Specialties steering wheel
• Moon Eyes Push Button electronic shifter
• Deluxe Pioneer Stereo system
• Nosed and decked
• Headlight moved rearward 1 ¾” to align with the grill trim to eliminate the bug eye look.
• Pulled in front and rear bumpers with the smooth look.
• Original Grill in perfect shape before re-chroming
• Power trunk lift
• Power hood release with mechanical back up.
• Original Wheel wells are made 5" wider for tire clearance.
The 2,930 original miles have the car fine tuned with all of the final adjustments. This car needs nothing. Built for street use using street tires and a high ratio rear end.
Has won trophies for best of show, best interior and best Chevy in a Chevy along with many class wins.
GM ZZ572/620 620hp